Category Archives: Beats and Pieces
The Be @ website is pretty damn cool
I stumbled across this website and all I can say is WOW- they’ve got so many great DJ’s featured, with live video and audio recordings from club nights and festivals around the world. Many videos have multiple cameras synced up to give you a real feel of the crowd and the atmosphere, as well as a nice view of the DJ booth to watch the masters at work. Check it out!
Boston natives shine on the big stage
Boston’s DJ duo Soul Clap has been around quite a while, gaining a lot of notoriety around the globe with their original productions and forward-thinking DJ sets. Recently they’ve been invited to join one of electronic music’s most exclusive and highly coveted clubs- making an appearance on Pete Tong’s Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1 in the UK. I’m really proud of these guys, representing Boston across the globe and making a big name for themselves! Here’s the link to download or play straight from Soundcloud- enjoy!!
District Lounge- Boston
My Favorite Sharam Mix!
I’ve spent so many hours of my life in Photoshop and I enjoy it most of the time, especially when those creative ah-ha moments happen but what really makes the time fly is putting on your headphones and listening to a great dj set. You escape into Photoshop land and before you know it it’s 3AM and your design looks dope!
So after all these years I’ve accumulated a huge collection of dj sets that date back to 2001. I thought I’d start sharing my favorites with you guys and spread the joy. This set by Sharam is magical! Storytelling with music at it’s best. Check it out and escape into Photoshop land or where ever you like
- Ennio Morricone ‘Ecstasy Of Gold (Sharam Edit)’ (White Label)
- Sharam Vs. Nic Fanciulli ‘Track With No Name’ (Data)
- Marc Antona & Xiki ‘Hawah’ (Micro Fibers)
- Rodriguez Jr. ‘Pandora’ (Kids of Gula)
- D-Unity ‘Samburu’ (Yoshitoshi)
- Dosem ‘Beach Kisses (Joris Voorn Green Mix)’ (Green Records)
- DBN Feat. Madita ‘Asteroidz (Sharam’s Crazi Remix)’ (Yoshitoshi)
- Sharam Feat. Kid Cudi ‘She Came Along (Sharam’s Ecstasy Of Ibiza Mix)’ (Data)
- Steve Aoki Feat. Zuper Blahq ‘I’m In the House (Sharam’s Lovefest Remix)’ (Dim Mak)
- Okain ‘Blackrock’ (Quartz Records)
- Photon Inc ‘Give A Little Love (DJ Pierre’s Tha Wild Pitch Mix / Sharam Edit)’ (Strictly Rhythm)
- D-Nox & Beckers ‘Cala Boca (Gabe remix)’ (Global Noises)
- Nadastrom ‘Squarez’ (White Label)
- Fiord ‘Get up Jude (Beckers Remix)’ (Vapour8 Recordings)
- Cedric Gervais ‘Mauri’s Dream (Sharam’s Eternity Remix)’ (White Label)
- Namito ‘Train To Tehran (Daniele Papini remix)’ (Kling Klong)
- D-Unity ‘Sax Me Up (D-Unity’s Crazy Sax Mix)’ (White Label)
- Sharam ‘Vikings’ (DCI)
- Sharam Vs. Julien Jeweil ‘Pattgate’ (White Label)
Interesting Post by Paul Dailey
Paul Dailey has been around the block a few times to say the least. He’s been djing for 20+ years, writes for DJ Times on occasion, and knows his music so I always appreciate his point of view on our industry. Here’s an interesting post from his website about dj’s wearing a promoters hat.